Project EngineerKaiapoi, New Zealand
- Great opportunity to work for a reputable brand
- Work within a close-knit team
- Kaiapoi Location
Hellers is New Zealand’s leading producer of bacon, smallgoods and ham, with modern, hi-tech plants in Christchurch and Auckland producing award winning products. This strong focus on quality, innovative products and consumer awareness has resulted in Hellers becoming the largest smallgoods manufacturer in the country.
Our modern processing facility in Kaiapoi is seeking a full time Project Engineer on a permanent basis to assist the larger Engineering team to complete projects within the plant in timely and efficient manner.
The purpose of this position is to lead and implement engineering projects from concepts through to completion with the aim of continuous improvement. You will aim to deliver projects on time, and on budget within the constraints of all safety operating procedures, plant hygiene and manufacturing operating scheduling. Additionally, you will be participating in other engineering projects as requested by Engineering Manager.
The hours are Monday to Friday, with a 7:30am start time.
You'll be tertiary qualified in engineering, and have a minimum of five years hands on experience, ideally in the Food manufacturing sector. This role is well placed for those looking for the next step in your career, within a supportive environment. As Project Engineer you'll help coordinate a portfolio of projects alongside the Group Engineering Manager; who you'll report to. You will provide all aspects of project management and delivery, from initial scope and assessment through to preparation of capital proposal and managed delivery.
As a skilled communicator, you'll be confident interacting with management, subcontractors, and colleagues at all levels. You will be well organised, able to balance multiple tasks and prioritise effectively. You'll also be energetic and able to cope with change and unexpected additions to your day.
To be successful you will have:
- Engineering Trade Qualifications / Engineering Tertiary Qualification (Trade Certificate Fitter / machining /welding).
- Experience in project conception to delivery completion.
- Experience in maintaining an overview and management of contractors throughout the project work activities to ensure appropriate standards are maintained and any issues resolved.
- Experience in safety by design, machine guarding and safety systems within a HACCP food safety environment.
- Motivation and capability to work autonomously.
- Enthusiasm, be a fast learner and have proven experience.
If you have the skills and attributes outlined above then we’d like to hear from you. Please click the apply now button, or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 2nd July 2021.
Reference ID: LP000165
Date Posted: 04/06/2021